Sunday, December 11, 2016

The Leadership of the Holy Spirit (12.11.16)

And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light - 2 Corinthians 11:14 
Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour - 1 Peter 5:8

Faith Believers,
satan is like an angel of light, but lets be clear, he is a false angel of light.  his methods, among others, are compromise and complacency. I find it more difficult to deal with a false angel of light than to deal with a roaring lion. At least you know who the enemy is when it’s a roaring lion. However, one must really have the leadership of the Holy Spirit when one deals with a false angel of light.

If we, the followers of GOD and Jesus Christ, are to live under the leadership of the Holy Spirit, we must remove every hindrance to GOD's leading. For example, we cannot pray, “Lead me not into the temptation of lust,” and watch sexually provocative movies. We cannot pray, “Lead me away from impure thought,” and read literature that is profane and impure. We cannot submit to the leadership of GOD, and retain habits that grieve the Him, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.  For GOD is ready to lead when Christians are ready to follow.

Prayer is not a plea for the absence of trials, but it is supplication for GOD’s leadership and the intervention of the Holy Spirit, in the midst of trials.
  -  Marilyn


~  Prayer  ~
Holy Spirit,

I submit to Your leadership!

Help me to quickly recognize the works
of satan in my life, and to see the
double-mindedness in my actions when
they contradict what I say and what I believe.

Lead me far away from anything that grieves You.

Cleanse me and purify me. 

Prepare me for battle
as I cry out to You for deliverance
from the temptations that the enemy
sets up against me.

Lead me into Your way of  holiness Holy Spirit,
for I am ready to follow You with my whole heart,
with my entire soul.

Amen


 

No comments:

Post a Comment