Thursday, July 27, 2017

A "Holy Spirit Strengthening" Prayer (7.27.17)

Before you begin each day, ask GOD for a fresh outpouring of the Holy Spirit on your life.
  - Marilyn


Lord Jesus Christ, it is in Your mighty Name that I pray.
Father God,
Your Word says that a patient man is better than a warrior; and one who controls his temper is better than one who takes a city.
You have admonished me in Your Word to control my body, my appetites and my behavior; in a way that is holy and honorable to You.

But I confess, Father, that I fall short of this in many areas of my life, and I ask that You strengthen me by Your Holy Spirit, so that I might not let sin reign in my body or give in to evil desires. (Pause and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal those areas of your life that are not yet submitted to Him.)

May the fruit of self-control continually increase in my life that this Godly characteristic may be evident in the way that I interact with others. May every aspect of who I am, and how I live, be under the control of the Holy Spirit.

I submit to You now, Father; in Your Son, Jesus’ name.

Empower me to keep a tight rein on my tongue.
May I be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry;
     knowing that anger does not bring about the righteous life
     that You desire.
May I bless with my mouth and my life.

May my life be so controlled by Your Holy Spirit that I truly live, move and have my very being in You alone.

Help me this day to not indulge my fleshly nature.
Strengthen me to stand firm and be self-controlled in thought, word,
     and action; that I might be a usable, noble vessel for Your purposes
     and the glory of Your Great Name, Father.

Accomplish this through Christ, in me,
     for I pray in His name.

Amen.

Reflect on:
Proverbs 16:32  ;  1 Thessalonians 4:4  ;  Romans 6:12  ;
2 Peter 1:5-6  ;  Daniel 1:8  ;  1 Corinthians 6:19  ;  James 1:26  ;
James 1:19  ;  Acts 17:28  ;  Romans 9:21

No comments:

Post a Comment