Tuesday, July 25, 2017

A "Leaning on God's Promise" Prayer (7.25.17)

Father GOD,
Thank You, that You have promised to guide me always,
not just when things are going well, but always.

Today I lean on that promise.
I ask You to continue to show me the way to walk,
step by step. 

Father, sometimes I feel like I am lost and distraught,
in a barren land; yet You promise to meet my needs,
even there.

Today I acknowledge I need You.
My worship of You has been shallow and I ask Your forgiveness.

I am weak and I look to You to give me
emotional strength, spiritual insight, and physical stamina;
when things around me seem to be drying up.

Thank You Father, that Your tender care encompasses all of me.
Help me to draw on that care today, and to praise You for it!

Thank You that You are my anchor.
Help me to worship You with awe and wonder;
as I trust in Your love for me.

I pray this in the strong and mighty name
of Your Son, Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

Amen


 

No comments:

Post a Comment