Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Call Upon God in Truth (8.27.13)

The Lord is near to all who call on Him, to all who call on Him in truth - Psalm 145:18

The promise of nearness to GOD when we pray was echoed centuries later by James - Come near to GOD and He will come near to you - James 4:8a.

James also mentions the issue of 'praying in truth', You do not have, because you do not ask GOD. When you ask and you do not receive, it may be that you are asking with the wrong motives. It is important to examine our hearts before we make requests of GOD.

For example, if your prayer stems from selfish desires, you are not calling upon Him in truth.  Ask the Father to show you anything that will keep you from drawing near to Him. The LORD will forgive you when you confess and ask for forgiveness.

Ask GOD to put the desire in the hearts of your friends and family to have a deep thirst for Him, and to allow nothing else to quench that thirst.

Prayer:
Loving Father,
Show me all the things that separate me from Your truth, 
so that You will draw near to me and hear my prayers. 

May your grace wash over me 
so that my motives will be pure 
as I seek You.

In the name of Your Son, JESUS CHRIST,
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment