Wednesday, August 21, 2013

God Transforms Us with Each Trial We Experience (8.21.13)

Malachi 3:3 illustrates the picture of a silversmith purifying precious metal.

GOD shares this picture to let us know that He is the silversmith refining us.
He is the one who burns away the dross, which is anything that is trivial or inferior.
Anything that is not necessary nor helpful. 

Most of us would agree that life's trials can sometimes feel like a punishment. 
Major disruptions seem like they're meant to make us miserable.
The truth is, GOD transforms us with each trial we experience. 
He is removing the "dross" or imperfections from us. 

Each time we experience a major ordeal, we should become stronger, wiser and more prepared for the next challenge. We are conquerors and overcomers with GOD's help. Ordeals, hardships and distresses are permitted by GOD for our perfection. Either He permits them or He plans them. If GOD has intentionally allowed us to go through a troublesome path, He always has a purpose for doing so.

Trials and hardships are not always about us.
GOD allows us to go through pain, suffering and distraction
to teach others about His love, His steadfastness, and His mercies.
The way we react to hardships and suffering reflects what we believe about GOD.
It also allows others to see how faithful He will be to those who have trusted in Him.

None of us are immune to hardship and tough circumstances; and sometimes these are the best ways for GOD to perfect us. He wants to display us as His showpieces, to give hope to those who might be going through the same test.

We may not always feel good about how GOD chooses to perfect us.
However, if GOD allows these things to take place in our lives, then we must trust that He has a purpose.

God sends His "assignments" to believers, so that we can show the world that He is worthy to be trusted.
If I show I have confidence in GOD, then I'm announcing to the world with my actions and attitude that our great GOD knows exactly what He is doing with my life. 

Nothing compares to knowing and trusting that the Lord is in control, especially when everything around you appears to be unstable. He won't allow us to go through any trial or test without having a greater purpose behind it. This purpose will make us more like Him. 

 What you are going through, or should I say your time of testing, is not in vain!

Father,
Help me with the anguish I feel when life has overwhelmed me, 
at times it seems to be more than I can handle. 

Give me strength to push on. 

Remind me of Your peace and keep me focused on the truth 
that You have a greater plan and purpose for my life.

In Jesus Name, 
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment