Thursday, August 1, 2013

Look at Each Day as a Gift and Do Not Worry (8.1.13)

Many of us have spent restless hours being anxious about tomorrow.
I know I am guilty of this. 

It might have been worrying about a loved one, 
waiting for a test result from a doctor, 
or waiting to hear if we have gotten a job. 

It really does not matter what the situation, 
many of us have been anxious about things we shouldn’t be, or have no control over.

Jesus tells us clearly in His word 
not to be anxious about things that could happen, 
because there is nothing we can do about them. 

Listen to what He says. 

Beloved,
I don’t want you to be anxious about anything.  
I know what you need.
As I said in My Word, I know what you need before you ask. 
Yet you spend so much time being worried about tomorrow, you forget to enjoy today. 
I want you to start looking at each day as a gift, and consider it a blessing, because it is. 
Truly it is.

Sometimes one of the best things you can do when you are filled with anxiousness is to focus your thoughts on someone less fortunate than yourself and ask Me how you may be a blessing to that person. 

When you take the time to be a blessing to someone else, you soon forget your troubles, and concentrate on helping them. Only then can you realize how truly blessed you are, and you become even more grateful for what you do have.  This teaches you to count your blessings instead of focusing on your problems.

Don’t allow anxious thoughts to steal your joy.  I made this day just for you, says our Father. So remember to enjoy it, embrace it with thanksgiving and love. Remember satan came to steal, kill, and destroy. Don’t allow him to steal any more of your days. 

This is the day I have made, rejoice, and be glad.

My Prayer,
Heavenly Father,
Thank you for reminding me that You hold all my tomorrows in your hand, so there is no need for me to be worried about my tomorrow anymore.
I thank You for the peace and joy that You give me as I meditate on Your Word. 
Oh Lord, help me to stay before You in prayer and worship so my mind will stay at peace.  
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment