Friday, April 3, 2015

A "Thank-filled, Easter Prayer" (4.3.15)

Dear Lord God,
I come to You today to thank You for sending Your Son, Jesus, to die for my sins. 

This Easter season, Jesus, I thank You for suffering on the cross and demonstrating Your enormous love for me there. Thank You for loving me enough to die for me! Your resurrection is the whole reason for the hope that is within me.

Today, Lord God, I want to embrace the reality of what Easter 
should be all about; and that is You. 
I want my life to be an act of worship to You. 
Open my heart, Oh Lord, to feel Your love and forgiveness this Easter. 
Help me to take time to allow You to impress upon my heart, 
the magnitude of what You did for me. 

Thank You that Jesus' death saves me from the penalty of sin and that Your resurrection power, which is at work within me, saves me from the power of sin. Thank You that because of the Cross, all the powers of darkness are disarmed and hold no threat to me; as I open my heart fully to You.

Thank you for Easter and all that it means for me. 
Thank you that I can release all of my past sins, and hurts, to You. 
Help me to truly learn to leave these burdens of guilt at Your feet.  

May my life reflect a living hope to those around me. 

May Your resurrection power flow through me, 
as I embrace Your grace and remember all that You are to me. 

Thank You Lord God.  Thank You Father God.
In Your Blessed Son Jesus’ name I pray, 

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment