Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Slow Down, Pay Attention & Take Time to Listen to the Lord (4.1.15)

Then a cloud appeared and enveloped them, and a voice came from the cloud: ‘This is My Son, whom I love. Listen to Him!’ - Mark 9:7

This is a very clear command from GOD that we are to listen to His Son, Jesus.  

It is impossible to do what the Lord desires unless we take time to listen to Him. We can only do this by being still and ceasing our busy, activity-filled lives. Sometimes all GOD wants to do is speak words of love and affirmation. 

Many times He may require nothing of you but to sit and enjoy His company.  Do you wonder how that is even possible, in the midst of our hectic lives?  If so, ask the Father to give you a desire to slow down and pay attention to His Son so that you can be obedient to His wise instruction.

Lord God, 
I don’t want to disobey You, 
but my life has become so hectic; 
and I hardly spend any time with you.  

Take back my heart Father.  
Captivate me with the beauty of Your Son, Jesus.  
May I be still to hear Your Words of joy and affirmation. 

In Your Son Jesus' name we pray,
Amen 


No comments:

Post a Comment