Sunday, April 19, 2015

Prayer doesn't Start with Us, Prayer Starts with God (4.19.15)

"The Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accord with GOD’s will - Romans 8:26-27

Faith Believers,
I want to share a thought. It has transformed my way of praying and my way of thinking about prayer. 

For years, I believed that my prayers started with me. I had to think them up. I had to get GOD’s attention somehow. With this frame of mind, prayer was often a chore. 

The Lord told me I was wrong. Prayer doesn’t start with us. Prayer starts with GOD. When GOD revealed this to me, my prayer life changed. 

GOD is the initiator. He moves us to pray on things that are His will for our life. He gives us prayer ideas. He will give us the things we ask for in prayer, if we will only believe. When we pray for others, sometimes GOD will use us as an instrument to bring forth the things asked for in prayer. 

GOD makes His Will known to us,
so that we will ask for the very things
He longs to give us.

Out of love, He want us to pray for others as well;
so that, in response to our intercession,
He can pour out blessings on them.

 ~  An Intercessory Prayer  ~

Father,

Thank You for pouring into my spirit
the things you want me to pray for,
so you can bless me as I pray for these things.

Lord, show me how to pray to You
and help me to hear Your small still voice,
as you speak to me.

Help me to become strong in prayer
and help me to pray for others as well;
so that you will bless them and give them
the desires of their heart.

Help me to pray through my weakness 

with the guidance of Your Spirit.

May I continually remember, that it is
not my will to be done; but thy will Lord.

In the name of Jesus I pray.
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment