Saturday, June 20, 2015

Praying for Others - John 6:44 (6.20.15)

Thank you to David and Kim Butts for today's message.
  - Marilyn
_________

No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day - John 6:44

This verse became very personal for me one winter, 
shortly after I had given my life to Jesus. 

Clara, an older woman in my church, revealed that she had been praying for me daily, for over two years. She didn’t really know me, but she knew that I needed to give my heart to Christ. The significance of that moment didn’t hit me until I came face to face with John 6:44. Had GOD been drawing me close to Him while I was too busy to hear or pay attention? 

I could truthfully say that I had never known any other person who was interceding on my behalf. It made me ask, “What if she hadn’t been praying for me?”  I believe that Clara’s prayers allowed my heart to be open to the voice of the Holy Spirit. 

Because she cried out to GOD for my soul, 
I now have everlasting life. 

GOD was patiently wooing me, but in my ignorance and pride, I already believed I was going to heaven - because I was a “good person.”  Clara prayed that I would bow my knee before the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords. As she did battle on my behalf, I began to soften my will before GOD.  Responding to His call to make His Son, my Lord and Savior.

As GOD’s people have gotten serious about the need to pray for the lost, unreached peoples; all over the world, those "lost people" are responding to Him. Even in places where missionaries are not tolerated, people are having dreams and visions of Jesus. How is this possible, apart from the Spirit of GOD drawing them to Himself, in response to the prayers of GOD’s people? Consider how many people are lost to the prince of darkness because no one has prayed that their lives would be changed because of our loving Father? 

I have no doubt that prayer is the front line strategy for beating down the enemy. 
We may never know, until the Lord comes, 
how many lives have been opened to receive Christ 
because of our prayers.


Spirit of the Living GOD,

Break my heart for lost people! 
Touch me in the deepest places of my soul,
with longing to be continually aware of those around me,
and those around the world, who have yet to come to You.

Place the desire in my heart, to pray for their hearts to be opened, 

so that they can respond, as You draw them closer to You. 

May I never make an assumption that someone else will pray,
when You have placed a person, people or a group
upon my heart to pray for.

Use me Father, to be the conduit that allows lost people
to be drawn by You and to You.

In the name of your son Jesus Christ,

I pray.

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment