Tuesday, February 23, 2016

.... But As for Me & My Household, We Will Serve the Lord (2.23.16)

But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods of your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord. - Joshua 24:15

Faith Believers,
Sometimes the Christian life is often downright hard. 
Putting others first, forgiving offenses, confessing and
confessing sins repeatedly, giving away money happily,
 not conforming to worldly things.

Following Jesus means challenge upon challenge. 
It means swimming against the current.
There is a lot of joy too, but sometimes doing things
my way seems a whole lot easier.

But today’s message brings to light a choice all of us must make, "choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve."


Will you devote your time and energy to the gods of our culture or to the one true living GOD?

Most of us have never worshiped an actual physical idol, but the idols of our hearts can be many. To identify these idols all you have to ask is, what am I placing my trust and faith in, over who the Lord is and what He has promised? Whose approval is more important to me than GOD’s?

The answers to those questions will reveal what we need to get rid of in our lives, and how we need to re-prioritize things, in order to keep Jesus in the center of our life.

Choose today whom you will serve.
  - Marilyn


 -  Prayer  -
“As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.”
Jesus, I choose today to place You in the center of my life and home.

Please reveal to me the areas of my life where I am serving false gods
through the worshiping of material things and worldly desires.

I know and believe in my heart, that only You
can meet my needs and those of my family.

Help me and my loved ones to remain focused on You,
God our Father, and the things that represent you.

In Your Name, Jesus I pray.
Amen


 

No comments:

Post a Comment