Sunday, March 25, 2018

What Do We Spend Our Time "Seeking?" (3.25.18)

Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you, says the Lord. - Jeremiah 29:12–14


Faith Believers,
It takes practice to become good at anything, and we must practice pursuing GOD’s presence, seeking Him every day, until pursuing Him becomes the norm for our lives. Seeking GOD is key to times when we face trials and tribulations.

It would do us all good to pause and examine our lives, to see what we really spend our time seeking after. J. Vernon McGee said, “What is your ambition in life today? Is it to get rich? Is it to make a name for yourself? Is it even to do some wonderful thing for GOD?"

Believers, the highest desire that should possess any human heart is a longing to see GOD. Many people seek the wrong things and then want to add GOD to the end of their list. People seek comfort and convenience, but not Christ. They seek pleasure and pastimes, but not a personal relationship with Christ. Most people look for a church that has the right appeal, good music, children’s and youth programs. They seek the church with all the answers to their problems or needs.

For many, they confuse this with seeking GOD and this is not the same thing. Many have been led to believe they can seek GOD at their own convenience, but you cannot. Many believers have been hurt or gotten angry with the church, or GOD, and gave up seeking the Lord entirely.

Others have remained in the church but are filled with bitterness.
They refuse to examine their lives in light of the Word of GOD,
     nor do they heed the Word of GOD.
Instead of turning to GOD, they have turned to the world.
After weeks, months, or even years of not seeking GOD, a crisis comes, an emergency, and then they expect a dead faith to work during their time of need. It does not work this way.

We are commanded in Scripture (Jeremiah 29:12–14) to seek after the Lord diligently, urgently and most of all with all of our heart. When we seek GOD it means we must humble ourselves before Him.


~ Prayer ~
Heavenly Father,
Search me and know me, O Lord!
Help me to seek Christ with all of my heart.

May I denounce all idols that are keeping me
     from Your Presence.

Help me to examine my life in light of the Word,
     and to yield to the power of Your Holy Spirit.

Father, increase my faith, fill me with the humility
     of Jesus and allow me to lay my life down
     for Your purposes.

In the matchless Name of Jesus I pray.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment