Friday, April 13, 2018

Reflection & Prayer Inspired by Luke 5:16 (4.13.18)

But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed - Luke 5:16


Faith Believers,
It was the habit of Jesus to withdraw into solitude and silence in order to pray.

The spiritual masters of the past and present speak with one accord when they say that it is virtually impossible to grow spiritually without regular times of quiet solitude with GOD.

This practice of Jesus' dates back to the beginning of time and the principle of Sabbath rest. Following Jesus into His habit of retreat will bring streams of refreshment to dry and thirsty souls.
  -  Marilyn

~ Prayer ~Lord Jesus,
I am humbled by the recognition that Your earthly life
     was characterized by constant communion with
     the Father; and that even now, You live to intercede for me! 


Too often I allow busyness and the distraction of other
     things in my life to interfere with prayer. 

Forgive me for neglecting to spend time in solitude and
     silence with you, as I connect with Your Spirit! 

Draw me back into Your Holy Rhythms and Habits, that so
     characterized Your Life; so that my spiritual journey
     will be focused upon life in the Spirit, rather than being
     sidelined by distractions!

I pray this prayer in Your Name, Jesus Christ.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment