Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Discipline..... (4.22.20)



Faith Believers,
Daniel gave us an example of the discipline of time when it was recorded that, "he knelt down on his knees three times that day, and prayed and gave thanks before his GOD, as was his custom (Daniel 6:10)."


Daniel set an appointment with GOD and kept it faithfully. Whether your appointment with GOD is early in the morning or late at night, you must set an appointed time and - with spiritual discipline - remain faithful to that appointed time.

Another discipline needed in personal prayer is the discipline of place

Jesus not only had a favorite time for private prayer (early in the morning), but was always able, even in the midst of His travels, to find “a solitary place” (Mark 1:35) for prayer. Jesus actively sought the solitary place for prayer. In the busiest seasons of His life, Jesus would rob Himself of sleep and needed rest in order that He might have the quiet and unhurried place for prayer.

~ Prayer ~

Father,
Daniel was faithful with his time and met with you regularly!

He never failed to give thanks, even when he was in the midst of difficult circumstances.

Often I excuse my lack of meeting with You because of a change of location or because I need more sleep; rather than seeking out time and space to seek Your Face.

Please forgive me Lord, and make me so hungry and thirsty for Your Continual Presence, that I will do whatever it takes to meet with You as faithfully as Daniel and Your Own Precious Son.

When I don't spend time with you daily, I'm now more aware that the enemy will try use this time to launch his attacks against me, so that I will become discouraged.

I want to spend time with you and praise you everyday of my life.

I love you Lord!!!

These prayers I pray, in the Name of Your Son, Jesus Christ,

Amen  


No comments:

Post a Comment