Sunday, April 19, 2020

Prayer & Suffering (4.19.20)

Faith Believers,
To pray with a will, surrendered to GOD, is to risk our lives for GOD.

Too many in this generation seek comfortableness. Too many use prayer as an escape from what is difficult. 
Often prayer and suffering go hand-in-hand. Suffering ushers us into a new realm of dependence on GOD. In our sufferings, we experience His Sufficiency.

Prayer can accomplish four major tasks in suffering.
  • First, prayer delivers us from that which we suffer. We find freedom from our suffering, by the power of GOD, obtained through prayer. 
  • Second, prayer delivers the grace of GOD to us, through our suffering. That grace enables us to endure the suffering. 
  • Third, prayer delivers us into the hands of GOD’s comfort. Jesus said, “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted” (Matthew 5:4). 
  • Finally, prayer delivers the character of GOD into our lives, when we suffer.
Thank GOD for what you have,
Trust GOD for what you need.
  -  Marilyn

~ Prayer ~
Compassionate Father, 
You have said clearly that the Christian walk will include suffering, yet somehow I often feel entitled to a life free from pain and difficulty.  Yet, it is in those times - when life is hard - that I seem to seek You more often and more passionately. 

Father, please give me the grace to endure whatever will draw me into deeper intimacy with You; so that my dependence will never be upon anyone or anything other than You. 
Help me to walk with courage, as my prayers deliver me “into the Hands” of Your Comfort.

Father, I pray this prayer in the Name of Your Son, Jesus Christ.

Amen

.

No comments:

Post a Comment