Sunday, June 22, 2014

Not Joy for the Trials, but Joy in the Trials (6.22.14)

Consider it pure joy, beloved, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance - James 1:2

The Word Of GOD tells us that trials can and should be faced 
with patience and an attitude of joy. 

Not joy for the trials but joy in the trials. 

Joy is a deeply rooted confidence that GOD is in control. 
Joy is a chosen attitude, and trials are not punishments from GOD.

Trials are a test, a measurement of growth. 
Patience gives GOD permission to work. 
We go to great lengths to avoid trials and shelter ourselves 
from the storms of life but the result will be spiritual immaturity.

GOD will not build our character without our cooperation, 
and He will not work in us without our permission. 

We must surrender, invite Him in to work in our lives, 
and then, by faith, patiently embrace that work. 

When GOD permits his children to go through the furnace, 
He keeps His eye on the clock and His hand on the thermostat.

~~ Let's Pray ~~

Thank You, Father
for Your faithfulness in my life. 

Sometimes my motives are not pure 
and are so often self-serving. 

Right now, please cleanse my heart of all sin. 
Give me eyes to see the treasure buried at the heart 
of every trial and help me to choose joy 
- even when I don't understand what You are doing in my life. 

Lord, let my life be an illustration of Your strength 
perfected in my weakness.

In Jesus's name I pray,
Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment