Thursday, August 7, 2014

Acknowledge the Presence of the Lord & Everything in Your Life Will Change (8.7.14)

The Lord is always present when His people gather in His Name. 

But all too often His presence goes unnoticed. 

When people of GOD acknowledge the Presence of the Lord, 
everything in their life will change. 
Our worship, our family lives, our evangelistic efforts and our lives, as a whole,
will become different when GOD shows up for church.

The Bible teaches us that GOD came to dwell in us through His Holy Spirit.
The Old Testament name given to the Messiah was Emmanuel…GOD is with us.
Colossians 1:27 teaches us about the mystery of GOD.
Jesus said, “If anyone loves Me, he will obey My teaching.
My Father will love him, and We will come to him
and make Our home within him” - John 14:23
.
The Lord also made it clear that when two or more are gathered together,
He would be there in our midst.

The tabernacle in the Old Testament was a place
where the Presence of GOD was manifested on earth,
so now the Church becomes a place where His Presence is also known.
Some churches meet for worship, teaching and fellowship;
and leave again without truly being aware of GOD in their midst.

Lord, help us to see Jesus!
Open the eyes of our hearts that we might know You
and become aware of Your Presence in our lives.

 ~~ A 'Presence-Seeking' Prayer ~~
Father God,
I am awed that through the power of Your Holy Spirit,
You dwell within me and make Your home with me!

Yet, how often I forget!

Help me to become more aware of Your Presence,
even in the most ordinary moments of life.

Give me strength to turn away from the things that distract me
from recognizing Your nearness.

Wake up my sleeping heart,
so that my life will be a reflection of Yours!


In Jesus' Name,
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment