Monday, August 4, 2014

God is Everywhere, He is Omnipresent and He is Always with Us (8.4.14)

Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence? - Psalm 139:7

GOD's omnipresence is an attribute that is foundational
for the man or woman of prayer.

GOD is everywhere.

He is on His throne in heaven and yet, near to man on earth.
There is no place in the universe where GOD does not dwell.

Followers of Jesus do not need to search for the dwelling place of GOD.
You can climb the highest mountain and meet GOD.
You can go to the deepest ocean and encounter GOD.
No place on earth or in heaven exists without the presence of GOD.

Christians can meet GOD at any place, in any country, on any continent. 
Where ever you go GOD is there watching and listening.

The omnipresence of GOD not only gives the man or woman of prayer
access to GOD in any place, but it also gives him or her
the ability to pray for people everywhere.
This attribute of GOD is the foundational characteristic
that opens the door for intercessory prayer.

Too many people pray in the context of their own little world.
They become entrapped by tunnel vision.
But GOD is everywhere, His concerns are global.

 ~~ A Prayer of Grateful Intercession ~~

"O Lord, You have searched me and You know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
You perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
You are familiar with all my ways” - Psalms 139:1-3

How grateful I am that there is nowhere I can go
that is apart from Your presence.
How grateful I am that You have given me
the wonderful privilege of intercessory prayer.

How grateful I am that I am able to bring before You
any person or situation anywhere in the world;
and You are listening and promise to answer.

Expand my vision so that I can see needs through Your eyes
and respond with heartfelt prayer!

Then, use me to be the answer to my own prayers
in whatever ways You desire!

In your Son Jesus' name we pray,
Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment