Wednesday, August 27, 2014

When You Pray, Expect & Be Willing for God to Use You (8.27.14)

And I will do whatever you ask in My name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father - John 14:13

Praying just for the sake of making a religious noise is not GOD’s intent for prayer. 
Praying to get something from GOD is also not GOD’s plan. 
Studying the Word and paying attention to the world around you is key. 
It allows us to see what GOD is busy doing and what He desires us to do as His people. 
As we pray those things that are close to His heart, He is pleased to answer! 

We know He wants us to love Him with all of our hearts; 
and to love others as we love ourselves. 
He also want us to pray for the lost. 

Humbly expect and be willing for GOD to use you to be 
the answer to your prayers.  
For if your heart never expects GOD to answer, 
there is literally no point in praying. 

James states, “But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man [or woman, or child] should not think he will receive anything from the Lord…” - James 1:6-7

When you pray in the Name of Jesus, 
believing that He has heard and will answer, 
you will see Him do amazing things – sometimes in and through you! 

Always remember that the ultimate goal of answered prayer is to bring glory to the Lord: “And I will do whatever you ask in My name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father” - John 14:13.

 ~ A Power-ful Prayer ~
Lord Jesus, 
Prayer is sometimes a complete mystery to me, 
especially when You work through me to be the answer! 

I am awed by Your power that You so freely give to Your people. 

Give me a heart that is able to believe and not doubt…
and help me to live in Your perfect presence, 
expecting You to move in, through and around my life continually.


Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment