Monday, August 25, 2014

Take the Time and Learn to Distinguish the Voice of the Shepherd (8.25.14)

Faith Believers,
It is important to spend time being quiet before the Lord.
If we are doing all of the talking, we won’t be able to hear Him speak.

“Be still, and know that I am GOD; I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth” (Psalm 46:10)
.

I wonder how many instructions and promptings we miss,
because we don’t take the time to learn to distinguish the voice of the Shepherd!

“My sheep listen to My voice; I know them, and they follow Me” (John 10:27).


When you sense that you have a word from the Lord,
and it agrees with the Bible, act upon it.

GOD is not going to give us more than we can handle
and He will likely start us out slowly.
As you are faithful in the small things,
He will trust you with bigger issues.
Maybe He will impress upon your heart to write a note to someone,
or to make an encouraging phone call.

If you didn’t actually hear directly from the Lord,
you are still doing something that is like the character of Jesus living within you.

Bless & Be Blessed
  - Marilyn

 ~ A Listening Heart Prayer ~
Lord Jesus,
Sometimes I long to do the big splashy deeds
 that make You known widely.

But then, You quietly remind me that the smallest touch,
a quiet encouragement or act of mercy
is living out faithful obedience within Your kingdom!

Help me to be a servant that does not need
to live my life to be seen by men.

Give me a listening heart
to obey even the smallest task
You choose to give me.


In Your name, Christ Jesus,
Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment