Tuesday, September 23, 2014

A Holy, Strength & Victory Prayer (9.23.14)

Loving Father, 
I long to give You the highest praise
all the days of my life -
for You alone are holy!

My heart wants to sing in Your Presence
and live continually in awareness of Christ's presence
in me, the hope of glory! 

Yet, parts of my weak self are filled with temptations
to allow thoughts, behaviors and feelings,
that are displeasing to You, into my life.

When I find myself in a spiritually dry place,
I sometimes feel entitled to indulge in the very things
that I know grieve Your Holy Spirit.

Fill me, Lord God, with the strength to stand up
to the enemy’s schemes!

My strength comes from You and I do not
have to engage in behaviors or activities that drain the life
from my relationship with You.
Help me to be victorious over the enemy’s attempts
to separate me from fellowship with You!

I want to be holy as You are holy!
Purify my heart, my thought life and my emotions
so that I will only dwell on what is true, noble, right,
pure, lovely, admirable, excellent or praiseworthy! 

I pray this prayer to you Father God,In the name of your son Jesus Christ,

Amen 


No comments:

Post a Comment