Friday, September 12, 2014

Set My Heart on a Peaceful Path (9.12.14)

Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: ‘It is Mine to avenge; I will repay,’ says the Lord. On the contrary: ‘If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.’ Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good - Romans 12:17-21

Faith Believers,
How will the unsaved most likely come into GOD’s kingdom?
Through your revenge, or by your loving acts and prayers for them? 
This is an extremely important concept to grasp, and very important to teach children.
A child's first response is often to hit back, think up revenge, cease friendship, etc.;
rather than praying, continuing to be kind, etc.

Have you ever said unkind things to your spouse or friends 
that you normally would not say?
Do you feel guilty when they do not respond to you in the same manner? 
Or they answer you with a kind loving word? 
How do you feel when this happen? 

It should make you go to GOD and repent.
Then go to your friend or spouse and apologize.
How many arguments or hurtful situations in your family
could have been avoided by simply responding kindly
instead of fighting back – submitting to GOD, instead of
to our natural human sinful flesh!
It really works!

I feel terrible for hurting my friends feelings,
or lashing out at them because I am angry.
If they responded back to me in anger, I doubt
I would feel very repentant.
But because they respond in love,
it brings me back into a right relationship with them, and with GOD.

May your heart be filled with peace,
- Marilyn

Loving Father, 
I know that praying for the people I love, 
and for those who are lost, 
is Your way of accomplishing Your plans and purposes 
in their lives! 

Set my heart on a peaceful path 
when I am angered or upset…
or when I have forgotten to pray for those 
who have not yet stepped into the light 
of Your glorious Kingdom! 

Keep me from succumbing to feelings of anger, 
outrage or revenge. 

Help me to live at peace with everyone! 
Set my desire upon loving all people,
and desiring Your best for them!

Keep me from being overcome by evil,
so that I may continually overcome evil with good.

In the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ,
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment