Monday, September 29, 2014

Being Purpose-Filled, Holy & Pure of Heart Before the Lord Our God (9.29.14)

But your iniquities have separated you from your GOD; and your sins have hidden His face from you so that He will not hear. - Isaiah 59:2

When we come into the presence of GOD,
we will always behold one outstanding characteristic
of God's nature: His holiness. 

There is not a blemish in GOD. Purity and impurity do not mix.
If we are to have intimate fellowship with our God,
who is holy, then we must be clean before Him.
 
David asked the question in Psalms 24, “Who may ascend into the hill of the LORD? Or who may stand in His holy place?” He then answered his own question saying, “He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who has not lifted up his soul to an idol, nor sworn deceitfully” - Psalms 24:3-4. Only the pure in heart will be able to enter into the presence of GOD and discover intimacy with Him.

Sin, in the life of the believer, hinders an intimate fellowship with GOD. GOD is pure. GOD is holy. When sin resides within the heart of a disciple, it is impossible for that disciple to walk in deep intimate fellowship with GOD, the One who is absolute purity. 

We must confess our sins, and “He [will be] faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9).

_______
~ A Purpose-Filled Prayer ~

Righteous Father, 
You created me for a purpose;
and my heart’s desire is to fulfill
what You have called me to do.

I struggle with being pulled in many directions,
because of all the needs around me,
and I can easily be caught up too often
in busyness or distractions!

Please God, do not let me be deluded
by the comfortable, or satisfied with
less than Your best!

Draw my heart into the depths of Your Kingdom,
here on earth, for the sake of Your Kingdom to come.

May I bring You honor and glory,
in the midst of what You have entrusted to me!

Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment