Tuesday, September 2, 2014

If You Pray, Christ Will Work!! (9.2.14)

I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father - John 14:12

If you are one of the 'anyone-who-has-faith-in-me' persons 
of whom Jesus spoke, then you need to be on the lookout 
for places where Christ wants and needs to work.

Is there a child who needs to be spiritually formed, 
a friend who needs encouragement 
or a neighbor who needs Christ? 
If you pray, Christ will work! 

Are there spiritual leaders who need to be uplifted, 
fellow believers who need empowerment 
or a church that needs to be revived? 
If you pray, Christ will work! 

Do you know of an anxious person who needs peace, 
a lonely person who needs befriending, 
a stranger who needs to be invited in 
or a hungry person who needs to be fed? 

If you intercede, Christ will work; 
He will work in you and through you. 
You will be doing the kinds of things that Christ did. 
You will be doing them in His power. 
You will be co-laboring with GOD. 
With this promise Christ is placing the powers of heaven at your disposal. 
What a huge and important responsibility! 
What an awesome privilege!


Gracious Holy Spirit, 
I repent of my selfishness that keeps me from 
exercising the gifts You have given to me 
for the sake of others. 

There are those who could use encouragement and uplifting…
and others who are struggling and 
may need to be helped through a difficult time. 

Yet, I keep a safe distance – at arm’s length, 
because I might get sucked in to more than I think I can handle. 
Some people, and much of life, are messy and complicated;
yet Jesus would step into the midst of the mess and reach out His hand to heal. 

May the heart of Christ be evident in me today 
as I listen for Your kingdom instructions. 
Help me to lean into the mess, 
unafraid to be the hands and feet 
of the One who extended His hand to me!

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment