Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Prayer is a Powerful Change Agent to Achieve God's Purpose, it is not a Way to "Get" Things from God (7.28.15)

..…and since we have a great priest over the house of GOD, let us draw near to GOD with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water - Hebrews 10:21-22


Faith Believers,
One of the main reasons so many Christians believe the wrong things about prayer, is that they have a “hit or miss” theory about praying. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. 

So we develop a bad theology and turn prayer into something it was never meant to be. This problem happens when we look at prayer as a way of getting things from GOD. "If I pray long enough, have enough faith, get enough people to join me in prayer, just maybe I’ll get what I want from GOD..."  

But prayer should not be my way of getting things from GOD. 
Prayer is GOD’s chosen way of accomplishing His Will on this planet! 
My job in prayer is to draw near in intimacy with the Lord. 
As I begin to understand a bit of the Lord’s Heart on a matter,
then I begin to ask Him to accomplish what is already His Will. 

It is at that point that prayer becomes a powerful change agent
 to achieve the Lord’s purposes.
__________

I thank You Lord, 
That You have not left us to our own devices to fight this battle. 
You have provided for us the powerful sword of Your Word, 
and the amazing gift of prayer. 

In Your holy name, Lord Jesus, we take up Your Word 
and ask You to make us, more and more, a people of Your Word. 

Show us how to effectively bring Your Word before You in prayer 
in such a way that the enemy is defeated.

 Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment