Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Seasons of Rest are Just as Important as Seasons of Actively Serving God (9.29.15)

My Child, 
I know, that at times it is hard for you to sit still - and to do nothing. 

However, your seasons of rest are just as important to Me as your seasons of actively serving Me. I am not a harsh taskmaster.  I have not called you to be so busy serving Me, that you wear yourself out. You must not allow yourself to get to the point of exhaustion - for when that happens, you will have difficulty hearing My Voice and discerning My Nearness.

Exhaustion will interfere with your ability to be more intimate with Me, and that is not good for you.

I want you to follow the example I, Your Father God, have set for you. When I created the world and everything that is in it, I worked for six days, and rested on the seventh. 

Thus establishing the precedent for you to rest from your work as well. It is true that there will be seasons where I Call you to be busy for Me, giving you many important Kingdom tasks.  However, when I put you in such a Season, I Will also give you the strength needed to do all that I’ve called you to do.

And after that, there will be a season of rest - where I do not assign you many tasks, and this is your time of rest.  You’ve endured so much, and you’ve fought many battles for the Kingdom; and now you need rest.

Therefore, allow My Spirit to rest upon you,
to minister to you and pour a refreshing wind over you.

Accept My Gift of rest and learn to rest in Me.
Then watch as I open My Mysteries up to you
and reveal more and more of Myself to you. 

Rest now so you can hear from Me.


MEDITATE ON HIS WORD 
Genesis 2:1-2 - Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

Isaiah 30:15 - For thus saith the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength:

Mark 6:31-32 - And he said unto them, Come ye yourselves apart into a desert place, and rest a while: for there were many coming and going, and they had no leisure so much as to eat. And they departed into a desert place by ship privately.


No comments:

Post a Comment