Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Prayer Doesn't Start with You or Me, Prayer Starts with God (4.19.17)

The Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accord with God’s will - Romans 8:26-27

Faith Believers,
For years I believed that my prayers started with me.
Prayer doesn’t start with us. Prayer starts with GOD.

When I realized this, my prayer life changed.
 

GOD is the initiator of prayer.
He moves us to pray.
He gives us prayer ideas.
He holds out the promises we claim in prayer.

When we pray, we are GOD’s instruments.
GOD is at work in all of our praying.

He makes His Will known to us, so that we will ask for the very things He longs to give us. Out of love, He want us to pray for others; so that, in response to our intercession, He can pour out blessings over the very people we pray for.
  -  Marilyn


~ Prayer ~
Father,
Thank You that You will help me to pray,
by the guidance of Your Holy Spirit. 

May I continually remember that
it is not my will be done…but Yours!

Lord, lay on my heart the prayer You will
have me to pray for others, as you bless them.

I pray this prayer in the Name
of Your Son, Jesus Christ,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment