Friday, May 19, 2017

Truly Praying in Faith (5.19.17)

If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask GOD, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.  But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind - James 1:5-6

Faith Believers,
GOD does not want us simply to toss requests at him, hoping that some of them will be answered.

He want us to ask, knowing that He is there, claiming what He has promised and trusting that His Will is achieved in our life. That’s praying in faith.

When you ask a person for something in good faith, you usually would not ask for something the person would not be willing to give. Similarly, if you truly know GOD, you should ask the Holy Spirit to reveal to you GOD's Will for your life.

If you want to grow strong in prayer and faith; get to know GOD better.
If you want to get to know GOD better, spend time with Him, read His Word
      and following the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

  -  Marilyn


~ Prayer ~
Father,

Draw me closer to You today, so that my requests
   will be in line with Your Perfect Will
. Keep my prayers focused upon
   Your Kingdom come, Your Will be done
   - rather than upon my own selfishness.

I want to know You, Lord GOD!
Give me the discipline I need to study and learn Your Word,
   help me to spend time with You and help me
   to listen to the voice of  the Holy Spirit!  


Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment