Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Maintaining a 'Right Relationship' with God & Being Committed to Seek Him Daily (10.11.17)

Why, O LORD, do you make us wander from your ways and harden our hearts so we do not revere you? Return for the sake of your servants, the tribes that are your inheritance. - Isaiah 63:17
 
Faith Believers,
“Wander from your ways” is powerfully descriptive, as we consider how easy it is to move away from a right relationship with GOD.

It doesn’t take much effort to drift. You just quit trying, as you lose focus on the Word of GOD. Staying close to GOD requires commitment and love for the Father. We’re not talking about earning our salvation..… That is not dependent upon our effort, but upon GOD’s Grace.

Maintaining and nurturing a relationship with GOD will require
     giving ourselves to prayer, studying the Word,
     fellowship and worship.  

How many have shipwrecked their faith, not by deliberate rebellion, but by drifting away through the distractions of this world?

If we wonder aimlessly through life, we will miss
     the Lord’s Presence and His Power to transform.

We must become committed by seeking His Face daily.
  -  Marilyn

~  Prayer  ~
Oh GOD,
Forgive my tendency to wander away from You.

I become so caught up in daily activities, that I sometimes
     find myself doing my own thing and not spending
     the quality time that I need, to be in Your Presence. 

Here’s my heart Lord, take it, seal it and transform it
     into what you will have me to be,
     for Your Kingdom, Lord.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment