Monday, March 23, 2015

God's Promise to Forgive Our sins (3.23.15)

…according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions…Wash away all my iniquity…Hide your face from my sins and blot out all my iniquity - Psalm 51: 1b, 2a, 9

GOD has not only promised to forgive our sins, but to forget them!  For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more - Hebrews 8:12.  Jeremiah 31:31-34.  Why do you think GOD has gone beyond forgiving to forgetting?  Perhaps He doesn’t want us to think that He is going to hold our sins against us the rest of our lives – a kind of spiritual blackmail, if you will.  

Our Heavenly Father delights in new beginnings, 
and through His Grace, He offers us the gift of a clean slate.

GOD’s grace is beyond our imagining! 
What an amazing gift He extends to us 
so that we may extend it to others!
__________

Father God,

How amazing You are,
in Your ability to not only forgive,
but also to forget our sins!

It grieves me that I forget things I shouldn’t, 
yet I remember the things that I should forget. 

Teach me O Lord, 
to forget the offenses of others,
as You forgive and forget mine. 

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment