Saturday, March 28, 2015

Walking "Through Life's Fog" with God (3.28.15)

Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life. - John 8:12

Heavy fog is often accompanied by an eerie presence. 
It’s natural to feel alone and afraid. 
One cannot see the dangers that lurk 
and you pay closer attention to everything around you.

Sometimes our lives are encased in fog. 
We may not know where we are going and how we will get there. 

"The fog is one of the means GOD uses to see if we are serious about trusting Him.” - Bob Shank. GOD already knows our past, present and future. He wants to guide us every one of our steps, to show us what to pray for, and how to walk when our visibility is limited. I like to view fog, as a reminder that Jesus is “my everything!”  That He covers me completely with His Presence and wants to make known to me, the beautiful mystery of His Will in my life. 

He says He will fulfill it when the time is right.

He made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment – to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ. -  Ephesians 1:9-10

Walking in the fog is no longer frightening, 
when you walk with The One
who desires to be “your Everything”. 
_______

Lord God, 
Thank You that the fog in my life
draws me deeper and closer to you.

I confess that when I become anxious and afraid,
I often try to find my own way.

You have given me this fog to visually show me 
that you have the perfect plan for me. 

You know that without this darkness, 
I tend to keep coming up with my own plans. 

I relinquish my life, my future and each day - to You. 

Help me to embrace the beauty of this time, 
because it is where I will experience You as My All and All;
and I will learn to walk closer with You. 

This I pray, in Your precious, holy Name. 

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment