Sunday, April 24, 2016

A "Life Filled with God's Shining Light" Prayer (4.24.16)

He says, ‘Be still, and know that I am GOD; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth' - Psalm 46:10

Thank You Father, that Jesus became flesh and lived among us, and that His glory was revealed!
Father, thank You, for sending Jesus, Your own Son, in the likeness of sinful man, to be a sin offering for me, providing the way for me to become Your child. 

You alone Lord Jesus are our Wonderful Counselor and Prince of Peace.  It is in You alone, Lord Jesus, that all the fullness of GOD dwells, and through You alone that I have been reconciled to GOD; because of the blood You shed on the cross! I confess Lord Jesus, that You alone are the way to GOD the Father, you alone are the Truth and the Life. No longer am I alienated from GOD, but instead, because of Your sacrifice for me, I am now presented as holy in the Father’s sight, without blemish and free from accusation by the enemy!

Help me, I pray, to continue in my faith, established and standing firm. Empower me by Your Spirit, to convey to those around me that You love them; and gave Your life for them. May the light of Jesus, and the gospel, so shine from my life to others - that they will turn and glorify You and the Father.

Forgive me, I pray, for the way I have allowed the light of Christ in me, to grow dim at times,
for You said Lord Jesus that if the light within me is darkness, how great is that darkness!

You Lord Jesus, who are the light of the world, have entrusted me with the light of the Gospel, which shines through me!  Fill me with Your compassion for those around me, and help me to love like You love.  Destroy complacency in me Lord, and the desire for comfort when trials and tribulations come upon Me. Open my eyes to the needs of those around me, that I may become someone who invests in what is eternal.

By Your Spirit, may I always be prepared to give the reason for the hope that I have in You.
You, Lord Jesus are my hope.
But may I always do so with gentleness and respect,
that the incarnation of the gospel may be lived out through me.

Fill me with child-like awe and inexpressible joy.

I ask this in Your mighty Name, Father.

Amen

John 1:14  ;  Romans 8:3  ;  John 1:12  ;  Isaiah 9:6  ;  John 14:6  ;
Colossians 1:19-23  ;  Matthew 5:16  ;  Matthew 6:23  ;  1 John 2:15 ;
Matthew 9:36  ;  1 Peter 3:15


No comments:

Post a Comment