Monday, April 18, 2016

Prayer, Suffering and Experiencing God's Sufficiency (4.18.16)

Faith Believers,
To pray with "a will surrendered to GOD" is to risk our lives for GOD. Too many people seek comfortableness during their season of trials. Often prayer and suffering go hand in hand. Suffering ushers us into a new realm of dependence upon GOD. In our sufferings we experience His sufficiency.

Prayer can accomplish four major tasks in suffering.
First, prayer delivers us from that which we suffer. GOD will work a mighty victory in our lives when we trust in Him.
Second, prayer delivers the grace of GOD to us through our suffering, that grace enables us to endure the suffering.
Third, prayer delivers us into the hands of GOD’s comfort. Jesus said, “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted” (Matthew 5:4). 
Finally, prayer delivers the character of GOD into our lives when we suffer.
  -  Marilyn


Compassionate Father,
You have said clearly that the Christian walk will include suffering,
but somehow I often feel entitled to a life free from pain and difficulty. 

Yet, it is in those times, when life is hard, that I seem
to seek You more often and more passionately. 

Give me the grace to endure
whatever will draw me into deeper intimacy with you
so that my dependence will never be upon
anyone or anything other than You. 

Help me to walk with courage
as my prayers deliver me “into the hands”
of Your comfort. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment