Tuesday, March 28, 2017

An "Embrace Your Trials" Prayer. Let the Testing of Your Faith Bring Forth Perseverance, Steadfastness, Trust, Patience & Grace. (3.28.17)

Thank You Father,
You have promised that the testing of our faith will
    produce perseverance and steadfastness,
which in time will bring forth the beautiful Christ-like character
    that You so desire in all of Your children,
but which all too often I sometimes avoid or regard as a time of bitter struggle.

Help me Lord, to embrace any trials that You see fit to place in my life.
Help me to look at the difficulties that engulf me with Your eyes, and give me
   an eternal perspective on anything that I may be called upon to face,
   so that I may count it all joy - knowing that the testing of my faith
   produces the Godly fruit of patience.

Help me Lord, to use those times of testing as an opportunity to grow
   in grace; and as a springboard to develop a deeper
   and more secure relationship with You.

Lord, Father God, it is not always easy to align my mind with the mind of Christ.
It is often very hard to see trials in a positive light, and to embrace
   the various testings we have to go through, as a thing to be highly prized;
   and yet Your Word tells us that life's difficulties should sharpen our faith,
   while developing our trust in the Lord. 
A trust which is more precious to You than much fine gold.

Give me a heart that understands and chooses to look at trials and tests
   from Your perspective,  so that the testing of my faith
   will bring forth patience and grace,


I ask this in the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ,


Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment