Thursday, August 27, 2015

We are Accountable for Every Word We Speak, To & About Others (8.27.15)

And GOD said, ‘Let there be light,’ and there was light - Genesis 1:3

Faith Believers,
GOD created the heavens and earth by speaking them into existence. There is life and death in the tongue. The words that you speak also have the power to hurt or to bless.... Our tongues can create hurtful relationships with others.

Sometimes we inflict pain and put distance between us:
  • “You are such an idiot” - attacks esteem.
  • “Can’t you do anything right?” - undermines confidence.
  • “Get out of my life!” - slams a door.

This kind of caustic language will tear people down and strains relations.
What a difference speaking to others in a wholesome and affirming way makes!
  • “I forgive you” - helps mend a friendship.
  • “You can do it! I know you can!” - encourages the discouraged.
  • “I am with you along the way” - instills hope for someone on a difficult journey.
  • “I promise to be true to you” - assures that you will be faithful.
  • “I am so sorry. I take full responsibility” - signals humility and ownership of a wrong.

Listen to how you speak to others today.
Are your words life-giving or life-taking? 
Do you check your spirit before you say something critical?
Do you consider ways you might say things in love?

GOD has promised us, in His Word, that we will be held accountable for every word we speak to and about others.
___________

Father GOD,

You said that from the overflow
of the mouth one’s heart speaks.

Help me turn my heart toward Your Ways and
Your Love, so that I may use my tongue
to create healthy relationships around me.

Father, help me to use my tongue always to uplift others. 

In Your Son Jesus' Name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment