Tuesday, October 27, 2015

A Forgiveness Prayer (10.27.15)

Lord, Father God,
I come before you this morning in prayer
for those who call themselves my enemy.

I bring them before you Lord because they have hurt me.

Right now I confess any negative feelings I have towards them.
I forgive them for the wrong they have inflicted upon me,
and for any deliberate or unintentional thing they have
participated in that has caused me pain and grief.

In the best way I know how Lord, I fully forgive them.
I release them to you Lord.

Now that I have forgiven my enemy,
I am choosing right now, in the name of Jesus,
not to hold any grudge against them.

I want to thank you Father as I pray to you right now,
you are freeing my spirit to live again and to have peace.

I am free from resentment, pain and bitterness.
I am now filled with joy, freedom and love.

Father God, You said in Your Word to love those
who spitefully use me and those who do and say
things that are mean and hurtful.

Words and deed cannot be taken back, but
Your Love and Peace can calm and heal any situation.

Thank you Lord for the comfort You have provided,
and continue to provide, to those who trust in You. 


I pray this prayer in the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ. 
Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment