Saturday, October 31, 2015

Matthew 22:37 - Love the Lord Your God (10.31.15)

Faith Believers,
The Word states, Jesus said, "Love the Lord your GOD with all your passion and prayer and intelligence. This is the most important, the first on any list” - Matthew 22:37a.

King David gives us perhaps the best example of one who absolutely, and without question, loved the Lord his God with all of his heart, soul, and mind. Dressed ceremonially for worship in a white linen ephod, David “danced before the Lord with all his might, while he and the entire house of Israel were bringing up the ark of the Lord with shouts and the sound of trumpets” - 2 Samuel 6:14-15.  David loved GOD intensely and creatively! The Psalms also testify to the depth of his desire for the Lord. He prayed earnestly, sang, played instruments, wrote music, danced, and gave honor to GOD with every gift, talent, and opportunity he had. One has only to read Psalms 63:1–8 to see the depth of longing and love that David had for our Father.

Jesus commanded us to love the Lord our GOD, and Scripture punctuates this over and over again. It has been my experience that when Scripture is repetitive, we need to pay special attention - and be especially focused on obedience. Take some time to read and pray through the book of Deuteronomy 6:5, 10:12, 11:1, 11:13, 11:22, 30:16; Joshua 22:5; 1 Corinthians 8:3; and 1 John 5:3. 

Thank God for what you have,
Ask God for what you need.
    - Marilyn


Father,
I come to You today,
filled with a deep longing for more of You
than I have yet experienced in my lifetime.

There is always more of You to experience…
a never-ending well of love and grace to be drawn from.

Yet, I sometimes waste time in my worldly pursuits and pleasures.
Convict my heart of my deep need for all that You are
and allow me to rest continually in Your Presence.

In the name of Your Son Jesus Christ, I pray.
Amen


 

No comments:

Post a Comment