Saturday, October 3, 2015

Making Sure We Stay in a "Right Relationship" with God (10.3.15)

Why, O LORD, do you make us wander from your ways and harden our hearts so we do not revere you? Return for the sake of your servants, the tribes that are your inheritance. - Isaiah 63:17

Faith Believers,
“Wander from your ways” is powerfully descriptive, as we consider how easy it is to move away from a right relationship with GOD. It doesn’t take effort to drift. You just quit trying. You lose focus.

Staying close to GOD requires effort.

We’re not talking about earning our salvation, for that is not dependent upon our effort, but upon GOD’s grace. Maintaining and nurturing a relationship with GOD will mean giving ourselves to prayer, studying the Word, fellowship, and worship.

Have you shipwrecked your faith - not by deliberate rebellion, but by drifting away through inattention? As we wander aimlessly through life, we miss the Lord’s Presence and His Power to transform our lives.

We should seek His Face daily!!!
     - Marilyn


Oh Father GOD,
Please forgive my tendency to wander away from You.
I get so caught up in daily activities,
that I find myself going about my own way,
and not paying attention to You.

Lord, I cringe at thinking where would I be,
if You did not pay attention to me.

Like the hymnist I find myself saying,
“prone to wander, Lord I feel it,
prone to leave the God I love.
Here’s my heart Lord, take and seal it,
seal it for thy courts above.”

Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment