Friday, January 24, 2014

A Prayer of Praise and Thankfulness (1.24.14)

Father,
I confess that I do not know what I should do
at this moment about my circumstances,
but my eyes are upon You.
How thankful I am for the promise of Your Word, that when I grieve, 
You give me a crown of beauty.  That even when I mourn, there is gladness found in You. 
And when I am in despair or feel hopeless in my circumstances, 
as I look to You, You will cloak me in a garment of praise.

My desire Father is to always praise You. 
I confess that like Peter, I turned away from the face of Jesus
to focus on the fierceness of the storm around me.
Which caused me to sink into my circumstances, 
therefore losing all ability to believe that You will fight my battles. 

Why is my faith so small? 
Why do I doubt? 

Forgive me Father, and have mercy on me. Help me, I pray! 
Destroy doubt in my life. 
Even though the fig tree does not bud (my dreams do not come to fruition) and there are no grapes on the vines (my burdens seem endless); though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food (my financial resources are sadly lacking); though there are no sheep in the pen or cattle in the stalls (my worldly possessions are minimal at best); may I still be joyful and praise Your name for You are my GOD and my Savior. 
I have Jesus!
You are my strength and you enable me 
to rise above the circumstances of my life 
and the cares of this world.

May I follow the example of King Jehoshaphat and the army of Israel 
by singing and praising Your name. 
I will leave the battles of my life in Your hands. 

Even in the most overwhelming situations 
may I choose to give thanks to You and rejoice in You;
knowing that Your love endures forever.
I choose this day to praise You, 
regardless of what I see with my earthly eyes;
and I rejoice that my name is written in heaven
because of the finished work of Jesus on the cross. 

Thank You that the victory will always be mine, 
because I am your child. 

In Jesus name I pray. 
Amen.

2 Chronicles 20:12  ;  Isaiah 61:3  ;  Matthew 14:25-33; 
Habakkuk 3:17  ;  2 Chronicles 20:21, 22  ;  Psalm 5:11 ;   
Luke 10:20


No comments:

Post a Comment