Wednesday, January 22, 2014

With Faith, We Can Hear God's Voice & Receive His Word (1.22.14)

Are you accustomed to hearing GOD speak to you? 

GOD, our Heavenly Father, communicates. 
He speaks. 
He initiates conversation. 

To be able to hear GOD is crucial for our spiritual lives for GOD speaks, and we are responsible for listening to Him. There are always four voices competing for our attention: the voice of GOD, the devil, others and our own. We must discern which voice is which.  By faith, we can hear GOD and distinguish His voice. By faith, we can receive GOD’s Word. By faith, the children of GOD are enabled to hear divine truth and convert that truth into action.

GOD speaks in several ways in this day and age.  He speaks primarily through the Bible.  The Holy Spirit speaks to us by impressing GOD’s Word and GOD’s will upon our hearts and minds.  GOD also speaks through Godly ministers and speakers, such as pastors, preachers, teachers and evangelists. GOD also speaks to each circumstance we face, if we would only be still and listen.

Regardless of the method, when GOD speaks, He expects a response from us.  He expects us to hear His voice, adjust our lives to Him and obey. GOD will speak clearly and compellingly, and we must obey His Word quickly. When GOD speaks to a person, that person has encountered Truth. Jesus tells us in John 14:6 that He is “the way, the truth and the life”.  Jesus Christ is truth. In any encounter with truth, we encounter GOD. And an encounter with GOD requires that we respond.

Heavenly Father, 
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. 
Give me a deep desire to be still and listen 
as You reveal more of Yourself to me. 

May I obediently respond when You call me to step into things 
that I might be uncomfortable with, 
but which will bring You great glory. 

Help me to hear You speak through the Word, 
through godly friends and mentors, 
through my circumstances – good and bad 
and even in the world You have created. 

May I always listen to Your voice and yield in obedience 
to whatever You have call me to do or to be.

In Jesus Name,
Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment