Monday, December 29, 2014

Avoiding Sin and Temptation with the Help of Our Lord (12.29.14)

And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night forever and ever - Revelation 12:10

Heavenly Father,
I am weak, and I prefer to avoid
every temptation from the devil if I could.

I do not ask to be exempt from trials,
because that would not be good for me, but GOD,
if today I am tempted to sin, with Your help and
the help of Your Son, Jesus, please lead me through it.

Take my hand, and keep me close to You.
I do not ask to be free from the furnace of testing, but GOD,
I desperately need Your presence through the fire.
________

Faith Belivers, 
We will always be tempted to sin, and we must understand two truths about it, if we are to experience victory. First, temptation is not sin; but it becomes a sin once we follow through with it. 

How we respond is important. 

We can give in to the temptation, or we can yield to the leadership of the Holy Spirit. 

Second, it is important to understand the source of temptation, and the means by which it attempts to seduce us. 

GOD does not tempt His children to sin. satan is the tempter, the source of evil. satan uses the world and the flesh to tempt the followers of Jesus. 

We must never forget that satan has been defeated
 and no longer has power over those that follow Christ.


     - Marilyn
____________
 
Almighty GOD, 
You have defeated the enemy once and for all on the cross! 

Please don’t let me forget that You have given me 
everything I need to resist the temptation of the evil one; 
and that You are my strength in the midst of weakness! 

Father, You promised to never leave me, 
as I stand firmly clothed in Your spiritual armor, 
ready to do battle against the schemes of the one 
who would do me harm every day of my life if I allowed it. 

Thank you for showing me how to rebuke the enemy 
and how to put on the full armor of GOD.

Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment