Sunday, December 28, 2014

Walk by the Spirit & You will not Carry out the Desire of the Flesh : Galatians 5:16 (12.28.14)

Galatians 5:19–21 clearly states the deeds of the flesh: “Immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealously, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these.”

Faith Belivers,
Many of these deeds are being cast out of Christians as demons. As Christians, we will never know victory over these deeds, until we own up to our own responsibility for such deeds. Immorality and impurity are choices that people make. satan is ultimately the seducer; however, as Christians, we are the ones who makes that choice. We choose to either yield to the Holy Spirit and crucify the lusts of the flesh; or we choose to yield to the deeds of the flesh. We will always have to make a choice, as long as we dwell in our mortal bodies.

That is why prayer is vitally important. 

Prayer enables all Christians to put on the whole armor of GOD, and thus, making no room for the deeds of the flesh. 

Prayer enables faith believers to prepare for the battle that will take place as we go into a world that is contrary to the nature of GOD. 

Prayer brings Christ's followers under the leadership of the Holy Spirit.

And Prayer gives us confidence, in the truth of the apostle Paul’s statement, Walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh - Galatians 5:16.



Thank GOD for what you have. Trust GOD for what you need.
  - Marilyn Chaney 
_______

Heavenly Father,
At times, my spirit is weak and
the desires of my flesh often get the best of me.

Forgive me of my weaknesses and fill me
with the strength of your Son, Jesus Christ,
who was tempted, but did not fall, into sin.

Help me to continually choose to crucify my selfish desires
and to keep my eyes fixed upon the
purity and holiness of Your Heart.


In Christ Jesus' name I pray,
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment