Monday, December 15, 2014

Living Under the Leadership of the Holy Spirit (12.15.14)

And no wonder, for satan himself masquerades as an angel of light - 2 Corinthians 11:14

Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour - 1 Peter 5:8

Faith Believers,
satan is like an angel of light. his method is compromise and complacency. I find it more difficult to deal with an angel of light than to deal with a roaring lion. At least you know who the enemy is when it’s a roaring lion. However, one must really have the leadership of the Holy Spirit when he deals with an angel of light.

If the followers of Jesus are to live under the leadership of the Holy Spirit, we must remove every hindrance to GOD’s leading. For example, we cannot pray, “Lead me not into the temptation of lust,” and watch sexually provocative movies. We cannot pray, “Lead me away from impure thought,” and read literature that is profane and impure. We cannot submit to the leadership of GOD and retain habits that grieve the Holy Spirit. GOD is ready to lead when Christians are ready to follow.

Prayer is not a plea for the absence of trials, 
but it is supplication for GOD’s leadership in the midst of trials.
  - Marilyn Chaney 
_____

Holy Spirit, 
I submit to Your leadership! 
Help me to quickly recognize the work of satan in my life;
and to see the double-mindedness in my actions,
when they contradict what I say it is that I believe. 

Lead me far away from anything that grieves You. 
Cleanse me and purify me.  
Prepare me for battle, as I cry out to You 
for deliverance from the temptations 
that the enemy sets up against me. 

Lead me into the way of  holiness, 
for I am ready to follow You with my whole heart.

In Jesus' Name,
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment