Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Look for God's Handprints, for His Presence is Always There (11.3.15)

'For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.' -  Jeremiah 29:11

As I read those words in my Bible I was struck once again that these words were spoken to the Jews, who had been taken into captivity in Babylon.  

Faith Believers,
They were probably wondering, like never before, if GOD had indeed turned His back on them and abandoned them. Living in exile sure made it look like there was indeed no hope and that they were on their own, alone.

But into that seemingly hopeless situation, GOD spoke to His people through the prophet Jeremiah. He hadn’t forsaken nor abandoned them, the Father was still there with them, in the midst of the darkness. Not only was the Father with them, but He also had plans for them, for a future and hope!

Too often, during trying times when we feel like GOD is silent, we forget that He is still there, always present and omnipresent. Whenever I feel abandoned, forsaken, overwhelmed and alone; I long to hear His voice, but all seems silent.

Yet it is in that dark place that I realized that I need to look for His Handprints, those reminders that Our Father is not only here, in my presence, but that He is working in it. Some days it might be hard to find any signs of His Presence, but as I reflect, I begin to see traces of His Great Wonders reflecting his majesty, autumn leaves reflecting His Handiwork, a timely hug from a friend expressing His Compassion.

Even in your darkest moments, look around for His Handprints and thank the Father for His presence; and the fact that you don’t have to stand alone during your trials and tribulations.
     -  Marilyn


Heavenly Father,
Thank You that even when I don’t feel
Your Presence close to me,
You are still at work all around me,
leaving Your Handprints on my life.

Help me to remember that
even in the quiet moments,
when I cannot hear Your Voice or see what You are doing,
I must remember that You are ensuring that

all things are working together for my good.

Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment