Wednesday, June 29, 2016

A Life of "Seeking God" (6.29.16)

Blessed are those whose strength is in thee, In whose heart are the ways of them - Psalm 84:5

Faith Believers,
To begin a life of seeking GOD, we must start with prayer.
Ask GOD to give you a seeking heart.
Repent of any spiritual lukewarmness or self-satisfaction.
For all that we have comes from GOD, even a heart that seeks GOD, but we must ask Him. We do not become seekers because we are naturally good and spiritual - we must ask and receive that gift from GOD. 

The path to GOD is always Jesus Christ. He is the way! There is no other path to GOD except through His Son Jesus, whom He sent to die for our sins. It is in intimacy with the Lord, and walking daily in His ways, that we will find ourselves with a seeking heart that pleases GOD; and draws His eyes and favor upon us.

Jesus said that all who seek will find.
GOD is not hiding,
He longs to be found and known.

It does not matter how long we have known Him and walked with Him on this earth, we will still find ourselves learning and experiencing new aspects of who He is on a daily basis.
  -  Marilyn


Father GOD,
I come to You, asking for a heart that seeks only You.
Forgive me for my lukewarm ways and for my own feelings
of self-satisfaction, rather than finding my fulfillment in You.

I have continually went my own way and made my own plans
rather than coming before You to lay all of my desires at Your feet.

I long for intimacy with You, Lord.

Draw me closer and closer
until all of me is completely lost
in all that You are!

Amen


 

No comments:

Post a Comment