Saturday, July 9, 2016

A 'Modern Day' Disciple's Prayer (7.9.16)

Father God,
I desire to be a fully devoted disciple,
living a lifestyle that brings honor to Your Name.

Father help me to keep my eyes upon Your face
and turned away from the evil things of this world.

Help me to avoid obstacles and traps the enemy
may set to tempt and distract me.

Your Word says You will be with me until the end of  time,"
and it brings me comfort and peace to keep this thought
in my mind and heart always.

It does not matter what I go through, Your Word says that You will never leave me nor forsake me. Lord, teach me to never become obsessed with earthly things, so that my focus will remain on you.  I will seek You Lord with my whole heart, all the days of my life, and until you return for Your children.

I will always worship and praise Your Holy Name, Father.

In the name of your Son Jesus Christ I pray,
Amen


 

No comments:

Post a Comment